What Is The Right Outline Format For A Research Paper In The Humanities?
Humanity is a very broad subject, which is ideal to be taken for writing a research paper. The students should make sure that they select a reasonably complex topic from the humanity domain, which can be researched well. The scope and limitations of the chosen humanity subject should be detailed before you finalize your topic, which will also lay the foundation stone for the outline of the paper. Basically, the outline of the paper consists of three essential parts including introduction, body and the conclusion. You should consult your supervisor to make sure if he wants to add any other part in your research paper.
Introduction part of your research paper outline:
The introduction of your humanity research paper outline should have the following elements:
- Start the introduction with an attention seeker sentence or two.
- Give an overview of the humanity topic that you have chosen. Discuss the relevant issues involved with the chosen topic.
- Define and explain all the key terminologies that needs to be expanded.
- The sources should be paraphrased or quoted, which reveals the contentious nature of the humanity topic selected. This is only to be included for argumentative research paper on the topic.
- Point out all the relevant background information on the chosen topic, which is required to understand the direction of the research paper.
- The introduction of your humanity research paper should conclude with a thesis statement, which should be maximum of 2 sentences.
Body part of your research paper outline:
Following points should be considered when writing the body outline of your research paper:
- The critical points of the paper should be discussed in the body in full detail.
- All your key points should be backed with appropriate examples.
- Use strong evidences from the humanity sources such as the quotations, paraphrases and the summaries, which support the main points of the topic.
The Conclusion part of your research paper outline:
Following are the points to be considered when writing the conclusion of your humanity research paper:
- Rewrite your thesis statement given in the introduction part but in different words.
- Very concisely summarize all the main points discussed in the body of the paper.
- End your conclusion and your humanity paper with a very strong, meaningful and a clinching statement relevant to your topic on humanity.