15 Interesting Argumentative Research Paper Topics
The key word in the title of this article is interesting. We know what an argumentative research paper topic is but perhaps we are not too sure what makes a particular topic interesting. Maybe it's the fact that the research paper topic seriously divides public opinion. Remember that your job as the writer of the essay isto convince the reader that your point of view, your argument is correct and sound.
So if you choose a topic which does not lend itself to making a sound argument, then no matter how well you write the topic it may very well not be interesting. So there is the first clue. The second clue is that you want to avoid the obvious. It's not so much a bad thing to choose an argumentative research paper topic which has been written about many times before, although it does help if you can find something that's unusual, but rather that you find a different angle. By tackling the topic from a new direction you help to make it interesting.
And finally the key is to find information which supports your argument. It will never be interesting if you make a weak case in favour of your argument. Make it as strong as possible and even demolish a counter argument which will almost certainly mean your research paper topic becomes interesting. Here are some possible examples you might like to consider.
- Torture should be allowed by governments in certain circumstances.
- Tobacco should be declared as an illegal drug.
- All advertising to children should be banned.
- There should be serious taxation applied toward junk food.
- It should be illegal to test perfume on animals.
- Corporal punishment should be reintroduced into schools.
- Children should not be allowed to use mobile phones until they are teenagers.
- International companies should be made to pay their fair share of tax.
- Motor racing should be banned unless alternative fuels are used.
- Gambling and alcohol companies should not be allowed to advertise during sporting programs.
- Sex education should be introduced in primary school.
- National Service should be reintroduced for young men and women.
- Violent video games should be made illegal.
- There should be a cap on the top wages paid to executives.
- Lotteries should be used to raise funds for government projects.