Composing Good Research Topics for College Papers
Take a deep breath. Count to ten. Relax. Okay? Good, the last thing you need to do in a situation like this is lose your composure over a composition. Don’t be intimidated by this word. It’s a term used by pseudo-intellectuals and/or people with crippling insecurities in an attempt to feign cerebral superiority over you. Composing is just another way to say writing. (There must be members of MENSA clinging to the knowledge we’re dispatching here.) But let’s keep it a secret, for MENSA’s sake.
Colleges and universities all over the globe are full of buildings with rooms. One of them is referred to as what modern historians describe as a “library”.
- Go to the library, please. For starters, it gets you out of your dorm room. And while you might not encounter anyone you like more than yourself, think of how much smarter you will feel than the people you see walking away from the library.
- The library is a wealth of knowledge. Not only do you have a vast number of books on countless floors at your disposal, the library also has online access to the catalogues of other libraries that may be part of your consortium. If by some chance a resource you are looking for is signed out to another student or only available at a branch from a different college, talk to one of the librarians and ask for his/her assistance. Don’t be shy, either. Just like flight attendants, librarians are there to make sure your time at the library is enjoyable and offer the assurance that your major, I mean flight, isn’t doomed.
The one thing research papers and death have in common is their inevitability. So live life and enjoy the topics you are researching!
The choice is yours.
- For some of us, the only chance of sitting in first class will occur after your flight collides into a mountain head on. This is a painful and presumably deadly upgrade.
- Life is short. Find something that piques your interest and devote some time, (for these purposes the length of a research paper) to decide if this is a topic capable of holding your interest.
- Writing a research paper, regardless of the topic, is not an easy task, but it becomes far easier if you have a genuine interest in learning more.