HOW TO WRITE A THESIS PARAGRAPH – 10 THINGS TO REMEMBER
What is a thesis paragraph?
- It is an introduction to your research paper or essay.
- It contains your thesis statement.
- It answers the question “What if….” or “What will happen if....”
- It defines the topic, primary position or primary argument of your paper or essay.
- It is usually the last part of the essay or research paper that you write.
10 Important Things to Remember About Writing a Thesis Paragraph:
- Always research and write the first draft of your paper or essay before writing your thesis paragraph because the topic of your paper or essay may change.
- The thesis paragraph is always easier to write once you narrow down the topic of your research paper or essay to just one.
- Always maintain a list of your important arguments and themes as you write the first draft of your paper or essay.
- Use the list to craft your thesis statement for the thesis paragraph.
- The thesis paragraph is the introduction to your research paper or essay.
- The thesis paragraph should state your thesis statement and topic in a compelling way that would maintain the reader’s attention.
- After you have completed writing the research paper or essay, write your thesis paragraph.
- First sentence of your thesis paragraph should capture your targeted reader’s attention.
- Your thesis statement should be the last sentence of your thesis or introductory paragraph.
- The thesis paragraph launches your audience into the rest of your paper or essay. The other paragraphs should always flow in a way that they lead your reader back to your thesis paragraph.
What Other Information You Need to Know on How to Write a Good Thesis Paragraph:
- Before you write the paragraph should understand the purpose of it.
- Use different and unique techniques to get the reader’s attention and keep their attention.
- Should edit your thesis paragraph and thesis statement as you write your paper or essay.
- Be aware that the thesis statement in your introduction paragraph should be narrow enough that you can answer the thesis statement in the assigned length of the research paper.
- Your thesis paragraph should give the reader understanding of the question that you want to answer and how it shall be answered.
This is how you ensure that you a have a good thesis paragraph that will catch the attention of your reader so that he or she will want to read the rest of your essay or research paper.